Thursday, June 30, 2011

Main Street Mile

For several years I have wanted to compete in the main street mile. The event takes place downtown Boise in the evening. In the past I have been injured, participating in a triathlon or watching Ironman CDA. The mile has always been one of my favorite events. I believe that the mile is a true test of stregth, speed, and heart. So when I was invited to be on a team I gladly accepted. My team captain wanted to have 5 guys run around 5min miles. Well not only did we take the team title but we had 4 of the 5 top spots. Having top 4 avg less about 4:58. The pics below show how the race panned out.

The race started out too easy and allowed for Antonio to hide waiting to pounce

I ran in 2nd place for the first 800

Antonio sitting behind me and then unleashing a surge at 1k

I decided not to go with him and wait to kick in the last 250, didnt work!

I felt great and just ran out of time to catch Antonio, he won by .4 seconds. The race was a blast and I ended up with a 4:47. Solid effort and got to check this off my bucket list!

Until next time....

No comments:

Post a Comment