Thursday, April 28, 2011

Climbing...my new favorite hobby

Recently with the better weather I have been able to bike outside more. I have been doing a lot of hill work on my bike. For some odd reason doing hill repeats has become my latest obsesssion. The deep burn in my quads, and calves accompanied by the views from the top make me keep coming back for more. There is a hill that takes between 5-10 minutes to bike up then pedal down and repeat. I just put it in my biggest gear slowly pedal and try not to fall over. I feel that bike strength is my biggest limiter in triathlons, so this year I have focused on it. People have always known me as being a weak biker and quite frankly it has been true. This year its different and hopefully all the work I have put in on the bike will surprise some people. Although this will probably always follow me in my career. Heck look at Craig Alexander, known as a weak biker in his early career and people still describe him in this manner. Well hopefully I follow in the same footsteps and my career ends up like Craig's...a weak biker and WORLD CHAMPION!



Up the hill building those calves





Now back down...repeat!



Starting to get tired...only two more left!



Happy to be done with those intervals..they hurt so good.



Its about the journey not the destination.



Until next time....

No comments:

Post a Comment